The rise of the digital age has drastically changed the landscape of various industries. From education and finance to construction and manufacturing, it has made all steps and processes easier and more efficient. With these key benefits, it has become an essential component in the operations of many organizations.
One of the most important products of the technological revolution is Artificial Intelligence or AI. However, many people have different perceptions of what AI is and what is can actually do.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the simulation of human qualities in machines by programming them to think and act like humans. From learning and rationalizing to problem-solving and acting to achieve a specific goal, it makes any machine more human-like. AI has six primary subsets, namely:
- Robotics – The majority of AI systems only exist in the form of lines of code and data. If deployed in a physical form, they are called robotics systems. There are different types, including industrial robotics systems, service robotics systems, and military robotics systems.
- Deep learning – Certain AI tasks, such as self-driving cars and speech recognition, are made up of deep learning networks that are composed of neurons, which are interconnected processing nodes. These neurons create layers that take on different roles. For example, the first layer obtains input from the surroundings, the next layer is in charge of processing the data collected and then hands it over to the next layer which performs an action, and so on.
- Neural networks – Similar to the human brain, artificial neural networks consist of several processing nodes that are interconnected and have the aptitude for pattern recognition. They are valuable in many industries, such as healthcare, manufacturing, and finance, because of how much they can help with decision-making and improving the accuracy and precision of smart machine learning algorithms when making predictions.
- Genetic algorithms – To determine the best solution to an optimization problem, genetic algorithms copy the natural selection process. Just like how living organisms that can adapt to their environment better have better chances of surviving in nature, solutions that are more suitable for identified problems have higher chances of being selected to come up with an optimal solution.
- Natural language processing – Considered a powerful AI tool, natural language processing (NLP) involves the comprehension and manipulation of the human language. It has been valuable in a wide range of applications, such as machine translation, text classification, and sentiment analysis. Personal assistants, such as Alexa, Google Translate, and Siri, are examples of how NLP is used these days.
- Machine learning–Usually used to help deal with complex problems in the fields of healthcare, logistics, manufacturing, finance, and others, machine learning gives computers the ability to analyze information available and learn from it without humans explicitly programming them to do so. It has different types and categories, and is essential in developing smart machine learning algorithms to make machines learn on their own.
What is AI process controland why is it important?
AI process control is crucial to the success of any operational strategy. With its help, organizations can make sure that their resources are utilized correctly and that their staff members are performing adequately to achieve optimal output and high quality products and services.
Through the use of AI process control solutions, industries can enjoy the following benefits:
Optimize resources – Available resources can be used more efficiently by having AI in process control. From automation to increased accuracy and precision, it ensures that nothing is wasted.
Reduce operational costs – Because of resource optimization, AI can lead to significant savingsin process control. Resource waste, asset failures, and other problems can be minimized, helping achieve peak performance.
Improve worker safety – Certain tasks that can put workers at risk can be delegated to AI so that safety and security in the workplace are enhanced. By establishing a safe and secure work environment using AI, top-notch efficiency and performance can be within reach.
Boost product quality – AI can improve accuracy and precision, so errors and mistakes can be reduced. This allows for a final product that meets standards and requirements.[td_smart_list_end][td_smart_list_end]